Saturday, June 27, 2015

Busy, busy....and I don't want to be. LOL

Hi, Mom.

I just finished my first week at Roper Mountain Science Center in Greenville, helping to teach Space Science to 8th grade teachers.  It has been exhausting, but fun. The previous week I spent stressed out about all that I had to do to teach.  I told Ed that I wouldn't do this next summer, but the guy I work with, Garrison Hall, is begging me to keep going.  He loves what he does and probably knows more about astronomy than any teacher in South Carolina.  We'll see....

Next week, we have a break and then will teach one more week at RM.  I am officially in charge of that week and will be teaching Physical Science for 8th grade teachers.  I think this is what has stressed me out the most.  I don't want to be in charge.  I don't want to be responsible for ordering the materials and planning the schedule.  I want to go swimming in the morning at the Y and then walk the roads of Duncan.  My mind is "RETIRED." LOL

Here are some pictures of the last few weeks....

Last Monday, as I was watering my plants on the front porch, I apparently was stung by a bee on the tip of my left baby finger. It was so painful!!  By Wednesday, my hand looked like this....


That same day, while teaching at Roper Mountain, I suddenly became violently ill in the Ladies Room, thinking..."I am going to die.  They are going to find me sitting here on the toilet...dead."  Then, I started to laugh because I got worried about how embarrassing that would be and then thought, why should I care?

I left early and went straight to my doctor. He said that the illness was most likely due to the toxins in the sting.  I was put on Prednisone and antibiotics and also was given a Tetanus shot, just in case.  By Friday, I was much better. I am back to normal now. Phew.



Delta is doing so much better.  Ed took her to the vet for a check-up while I was at RM yesterday.  Her blood tests showed normal levels, so the vet said we can just keep giving her the injection for Addison's Disease once a month (for the rest of her life) and to come back in 4 months for another check-up.  Yay!


Here are some pix of the teachers in my class assembling their new telescopes and also launching model rockets yesterday...




Some nature shots....



Ed and I in front of the Giant Peach water tower in Gaffney, SC.  We've always called it the "Big Butt." We went to Gaffney on Father's Day to check out a Family Entertainment Center there.  It has a bowling alley Ed wanted to try.  Krista and Jason went with us.

It has been so hot, I opted to walk in the mall one morning.  They open it just for walkers at 8 a.m.  It wasn't as nice as walking outdoors, but who wants to walk in 95 degree temps?

I figured out how to put a Solar Eclipse filter over my camera lens and take a picture of the sun the other day.  Isn't this neat?  It even shows sun spots..



Jupiter and Venus are really obvious in the night sky now..



Ha Ha

Krista is doing OK.  She contacted Anthony and told him she wanted to be friends because she was tired of being angry and resentful.  He agreed.  She's been working on her house, fixing it up to her liking, getting new rugs and bedding.  I am very proud of her.

Jason is still going for interviews.  I hope he gets a job soon...

I hope you are doing OK and that it is not as hot up there as it is down here.  We've been suffering in the high 90's, low 100's all week.  Blah!

I love you, Mom!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment