Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Just some space pictures...

Hi, Mom. 

I've been taking lots of space pictures and other things. I thought maybe you'd like to see them..

This is the moon a few nights ago.

 

Below is a picture of Jupiter (upper left) and Venus, also a few nights ago.  Last night, they were supposed to be in "conjunction," meaning they looked like they were on top of each other, which would make a very, very bright light in the sky.  It has been widely believed that is what happened when Jesus was born and the light was called The Star of Bethlehem.  Neat, huh?  Actually, Jupiter is about 10 times farther away from the sun than Venus but in the same line of view.

However, last night was hazy and I didn't see much of anything. LOL

 

This is another picture I took of the sun, using solar glasses, last week.


This morning, we had an orange moon and then the sun decided to show off and appeared like a red circle in the sky because it was very hazy.  I took these pictures below without any filter needed.





Crazy!

I took a picture of some pretty clouds....just because.


Here's a Mimosa flower I saw on one of my walks..


I took this in my dining room yesterday. The palm tree was casting shadows on the wall and just looked pretty.


Here is my cello.  I have officially completed Book One in my cello lessons and will be starting Book Two.  Yay!


That's all.  I've been enjoying my week away from Roper Mountain.  I will have to go back next week.  My feelings confirm my decision to not work there next summer. :-)

Deb told me about Mike's dad.  I feel very sorry for Mike.  He's had a very tough few months, hasn't he?  I hope he's doing OK.  Deb, too.

I love you, Mom.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment