Hi, Mom.
I am finally settling down, mentally, and can therefore write some good stuff and post some pictures for you. I just checked this blog and saw that I hadn't put anything in it since around Halloween.
Our Homeowners Association Board of Directors has been giving the neighborhood such stress that I have been losing sleep at night and stewing during the day. The Board, which should have 5 members, was reduced to just two very powerful men. (They were the same two men I worked with 3 years ago on the Board) The others had resigned (like I did 3 years ago) because they just couldn't work with them or, in the case of my sweet neighbor, got kicked off.....by the other two. I won't go into details, but our neighborhood was ruled by those two men, plus a guy from Hinson Property Management, and a builder. It was all very, very wrong. We had no voice. They were reading stuff into our covenants that weren't there and fining us because we violated their "opinions." Yes, Very, very wrong.
The good news is that the Association had our annual meeting last Tuesday evening. The neighborhood was a unified front, crowding the meeting room. We boldly talked back to those guys, and soundly voted off those two ugly men from the Board, putting five new members in place. Um....I am one of them. :-) All of us are determined to create a kinder, gentler neighborhood. We also clearly let the Property Management Company know that they were OUR employee....not the other way around....and that they could have their contract with us terminated.
I can't wait for the first meeting of the new Board tomorrow evening. Lots of great things are going to happen.
Here are some pictures from our trip to Myrtle Beach for our Science Teachers Convention...
This was the pool at our hotel. It wrapped around the back of the building and was the length of an Olympic-sized pool. I loved it!
Here are several pictures from my recent walks. I LOVE TO WALK! Some are from my walk to Lyman, which is a 4-mile round trip. Others are from last Monday, when I walked to my church, a 9.3 mile round trip, and last Thursday, when I drove to Spartanburg and walked on the Rail Trail.
We had our house pressure washed on Saturday. Mold had grown all over our house from the very wet spring and summer we had.
Now it looks like we have a whole new house.
It looks so much nicer now.
Yesterday afternoon, I went out in the front yard and raked up all our leaves so they wouldn't blow into the neighbor's yard (they did that last week on a windy day). I honestly enjoyed raking up all the leaves. It's very therapeutic.
Now, I see that you guys got snow up there this morning. Deb sent some pictures. Here's what our yard looks like this morning.....rainy and very cold. It's supposed to go down to 25 degrees tonight. Brrrr....
Krista has planned to have Thanksgiving dinner with a large group of friends, which is fine with us, of course. Jason will be coming up to spend a few days here. What's funny is that Krista is requesting that we hold off our Thanksgiving dinner until Friday so she and Anthony could still have dinner with us. She's so funny.....wants to be with her friends but doesn't want to miss the traditional dinner with us. Sweet.
Travis is now managing the restaurant at his new job. His boss had put him through a month of training. He had to experience every job in the restaurant. He really loved cooking in the kitchen. He and Alla are moving into a new apartment at the end of this month....much newer and nicer. Travis seems to be very happy right now.
Jason still hasn't gotten another job but he's in no hurry. He has enough savings to keep him in good shape until next June. What a life!
I think that's all going on right now. Ed said he wrote a nice long email to you a few days ago, so I bet some of my news may have been repeated.
I love you, Mom!
XOXO

















.jpg)















No comments:
Post a Comment