Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Brrrrr....

Hi, Mom.

I hope you're staying warm.  It got down to 17°F this morning in Duncan, SC.  I couldn't bring myself to leave the house to go to the Y for a swim, so I wimped out and stayed home. We've been colder than that before, but usually that happens in January.  November should still be relatively mild.  Crazy!!  I've been checking the news about the Buffalo area.  The photographs traveling around the Internet are unbelievable.  I'm glad you guys didn't get all that snow!


Here's a picture of one of my plants that I forgot to bring in last night.....




The poor mums froze to death. When I took the picture this morning, I touched the flowers and they were literally as hard as ice cubes.  I had taken all my other plants into the garage but forgot to go out to the end of the driveway to rescue this one.   Oh, well....


I'm sure you probably read my very, very long email about the HOA Board of Directors.  Sorry it was so long.


However, things are looking OK.  We had our new Board of Directors meeting last evening and chose President, VP, Secretary, and Treasurer.  I am now the Secretary.  This is very nice.  When I was on the Board with those two men, they told me they would take care of everything and I could take notes at the meeting or something.  Yup.


Ed has been working all day on the research paper he's writing about Arkansas.  I have learned so much from him through our discussions and our trip to Arkansas.  This has honestly been a lot of fun.


I have learned to play some Christmas Carols on my cello.  I'm not great, but at least it sounds like the song.  Playing the cello takes a lot of energy, usually making my hands and arms sore after just a few songs, but I'm getting stronger. "Practice makes perfect?"


Deb sent a beautiful picture of Black Creek from the bridge in Churchville.  It sure looks cold there. I admire her bravery to go out and walk today.


I love you, Mom.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment