Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Bunches of Pictures

Hi, Mom!

We are obviously back from our trip to Arkansas.  We had such a good time. It's so enjoyable seeing new cities and discovering unique places to explore.  Here are some pictures in no particular order because it takes too much time to organize them....and I'm lazy like that.  LOL  Also, there are other pictures from my walks around home...

This is a view from a bridge I walked over on my walk last Thursday morning.  I walked on the River Trail, a 17-mile stretch of trails along the Arkansas River.  I just walked 3.7 miles at Little Rock, close to our hotel.



What it looked like trying to drive to Arkansas going west in the late afternoon.  Blinding!

The Chalet that Bill Clinton's cat, Socks, had at the White House.  We visited the Clinton Center and Library in Little Rock, which was fascinating. Clinton added so many objects, etc., at the center from when he was president.

Along the River Trail.  This is a memorial to a Tae Kwon Do Master.

A view of a bridge I walked over on the River Trail..

This sign was half-way across the bridge..

Wow. These sure are mixed up!  This is a scene from the Swamp Rabbit Trail in Greenville where Ed and I walked a couple of weeks ago.

Bill Clinton's saxaphones.....gifts given to him while he was president.

 Our hotel in Little Rock

A sunflower on the campus of the University of Arkansas.  Ed interviewed a political science professor there for his research paper.


A scene in Hot Springs, AR.  We drove about an hour from Little Rock to visit here.  Fascinating.  Most of the Bath Houses are not in use any more, but it was sure educational.  Up there is the promenade, where wealthy women would stroll after their "bath" and show off their fancy clothes and hats.

Back to Little Rock....a view from a bridge I walked.

The incredible sky at our house in Duncan two evenings ago.

Back to the Clinton Center.  This is an exact duplicate of the Oval Office when Bill Clinton was president.  He brought all his decorations, statues, etc., and put them here.  This was amazing.  It was like we were visiting the White House.

Another view from my walk on the River Trail

This was the cutest visitors center I have ever seen....entering Tennessee.

Bubbalu's Bodacious Burgers.  Ed and I ate here in Hot Springs

Ed is standing near one of the Hot Springs fountains. Can you see the steam coming up from it?  The temp was like hot bath water.

While Ed was interviewing the professor at U of AR, I walked around the campus.  There was an organization outside from a rescue shelter for dogs.  They had several dogs they were "renting" for $5.00 to walk, play with, and just give some loving. The money went to the shelter.  This was also a good way to convince people to adopt a pet.  I paid $5 and played with this dog, Charlie, for a while.  That was fun.

Another view from my River walk..

Whoa.  Meanwhile, back in Greenville on the Swamp Rabbit Trail.  LOL

A trolley in Little Rock

Part of the River Trail is this...The Big Dam Bridge.  The information about it is one of the last pictures way down at the end of the blog.  It's the longest pedestrian bridge built specifically for walkers and bikers in the world.

Sigh...back in Greenville...

On the other side of the Big Dam Bridge.  This man won an award for building this bicycle.  He said he takes his nieces and nephews for rides on it.

Iris on my River walk.

Ed and I visited the Arkansas State House in Little Rock.  On the grounds outside was a Viet Nam Veterans memorial to those serving from Arkansas. Douglas MacArthur was from Little Rock.

Bathhouse Row in Hot Springs

A fisherman under the Big Dam Bridge.  He was catchin' catfish....BIG ONES.

Me...looking up at Ed on the promenade near the Bath Houses


Big Dam Bridge

This is Central High School in Little Rock where forced integration occurred back in 1957.  Remember the riots there?  Ed and I visited a museum and visitor's center across the street. The high school still looks the same as it did back in 1957.  The difference is who is inside.  While we were there, we saw mostly black students waiting for rides home after school  Amazing!

The Big Dam Bridge. That's me way down there waving to Ed.  There was a jetty I could walk out on....so I did!

A Bath House in Hot Springs

My mums behind my house?

 Another view on my river walk

A painting depicting the Little Rock Nine at Central High School

At the Big Dam Bridge


There was a display of Chihuly artwork at the Clinton Center.



A view from the promenade behind the Bath Houses in Hot Springs

A trolley in Little Rock

Another view on my River Trail walk

Part of the Grand Marshal H.U. Lee memorial in Little Rock


Just a sculpture in Spartanburg


An interesting building in Little Rock

On the Big Dam Bridge


My 85 year old swimming buddy, Mattie, a few weeks ago. I walked over to her house for a visit in Duncan.

A sculpture along the River Trail in Little Rock called the Jazz Player.  I thought it was cool.

Phew!  Ed and I are packing up this morning to head down to Myrtle Beach to the South Carolina Science Teachers Conference.  We will be there until Saturday.  We're presenting a model rocketry workshop on Thursday.  I love walking on the beach....

I hope you're well.  I know your surgery on your face is tomorrow. I will definitely be thinking about you and saying some prayers that all goes well.  Let me know...

I love you, Mom.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment