Saturday, May 21, 2016

Birds, Flowers, and My Walks

Hi, Mom!

I have more pictures.  Ed and I went hiking at Jones Gap State Park on Wednesday and had a wonderful time.  We're a little sore because we haven't hiked like that in a few years, but it was worth it.  I also added some pictures from a walk I took yesterday in Duncan.  I found a nature trail I didn't know existed with remnants of an old fireplace.  I sent inquiries about that to a local organization.  I also got some great shots of Cardinals and a Red-winged Blackbird the other day. I am especially pleased with the photo of both birds at the same time.  Fun! Last Saturday, I walked in a Great Strides Walk in Greer to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.  My friend, Pam, has a 6 yr. old daughter with CF.  She also has two more girls and a new baby boy.








Ed with the forest ranger, Tim Lee.  We've known him for many years. Ed has taken students to this park several times.  Of course, Ed closed his eyes just as I took the shot.  He does that a lot. LOL




 My Gardenia has gone crazy!

Magnolia flower from back yard.

This is me with Pam and her 3 daughters.  The baby is in the stroller.

Pam and Phoenix.

Piper is on the left.  She is the one with CF.

The trail in Duncan



A Yucca plant in Krista's yard.

My birdies!

This is my favorite picture.





More from the hike.



We are still working on our plans to visit you probably the second week in June.  Not sure if we're flying or driving. We will let you know soon.

I love you!
XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment