Hi, Mom.
I have lots of pictures for you. Mostly random. Here they are:
This rose was given to me by my swimming buddy, Mattie, on her 87th birthday. My friend, Mary, and her husband took Mattie to Cracker Barrel. Mattie cut this off a bush in her front yard.
Thistle I saw on one of my walks
Chinese Dogwood in our back yard.
Just a pretty sky last week.
Baby birds in a bush in front of our porch.
I walked with my friends, Carol and Mary, around River Falls golf course last week.
This is from Hatcher Garden, a beautiful environmental sanctuary in Spartanburg.
In Duncan Park, Spartanburg. Another one of my walks.
Our front porch.
Mars.!
Ed won two second place ribbons at the Senior Sports Classic a few weeks ago...one for bowling and one for miniature golf. We had so much fun.
I got two gold medals for first place in my age group for bowling and miniature golf. I think my game of 187 was the highest for everybody, including the men! Ha Ha
Playing miniature golf.
I accompanied Krista's second graders at their spring concert, playing Yankee Doodle and Take Me Out to the Ballgame. After I practiced with her kids, they wanted to show me they could dance. Krista danced, too. They love her.
The moon one morning last week.
Ed, working on the lawn.
A couple of weeks ago, I injured my thumb. I was holding on to Delta's leash as we walked out the front door. My thumb caught on the metal on the door and the nail actually pulled away from my thumb. It was painful. I couldn't button buttons, snap my bra, or play my cello for several days. Dumb.
This is at Glendale Shoals on the other side of Spartanburg. I drove over there one day just to walk around.
Azaleas in Krista's front yard.
Krista and I had a mother/daughter day a few weeks ago. We drove up to Asheville, visited the NC Nature Center, had dinner with Ruth Sigworth Paulson, and went to a concert by They Might Be Giants. I had such a great time with Krista.
Ed had to go to his dermatologist to have a cyst on his back treated...on his birthday. It got infected. The doctor cleaned it out and put him on antibiotics. It seems to have healed. Tuesday, he is having the cyst surgically removed.
My lilacs actually bloomed this year. I only had four blooms, but it was better than nothing.
While Krista and I were in Asheville, we visited several of the ecclectic shops.
The concert. I thought my bones would become disconnected, the music was soooo loud.
Ruth Sigworth Paulson and me at dinner.
Krista at the Nature Center
Travis took this picture in Washington,D.C.
I drew this cat for my friend, Mary, from a picture she gave me.
We are tentatively planning to come to visit you at the end of May, bringing Krista and maybe Jason. Travis put in his two-week notice and is moving back to Manhattan, so he will be able to come, too. We will let you know. Ed and I and our kids are going to celebrate your birthday when we get there....maybe a little late. Jason, Travis, and Krista want to see their Grandma.
We love you.
XOXOXOXO









































No comments:
Post a Comment