Monday, October 19, 2015

It's Getting Chilly!

Hi, Mom.

I actually wore sweat pants for my walk this morning!  We had a frost advisory last night and the temps dipped down around 34, I think.  I had to bring my plants into the garage.

Ed's sister, Lorna, and her husband, Howie, came to visit us a few weeks ago. I drove them over to visit Ed at Upstate...



....and drove them over to St. Paul's to visit Krista.



A spider web I spied on the way home one day.  While taking the picture, I accidentally stepped in a fire ant nest and got a few bites. Dumb.







This picture of a Peace Rose was taken 5 years ago.  My bush hasn't been doing very well for the last few years, though.  I probably need to transplant it.  Other bushes have gotten too large around it.



Venus at the top, and  Mars and Jupiter below.



This is a Giant Crane Fly I found on the side of the house a few days ago.



Krista bought me some mums....just because. 



A scene on the Rail Trail in Spartanburg, where I walk sometimes.



From our back yard...


This is a sculpture in front of one of the buildings in downtown Spartanburg.  I walked around the city while my car was being serviced.  That was fun!




Tiger Swallowtail on my butterfly bush.



 Ed and I bought a new U.S. Flag to replace our other one, which had gotten pretty tattered.



This is a Hummingbird Moth.  It even flutters around the flowers like a Hummingbird.






Gulf Fritillary



Pretty clouds.  This effect was caused by an airplane poking through the clouds on its way down to the airport.  Isn't this crazy?



Clouds over Boiling Springs First Baptist Church, where I have my cello lessons.



The path in Duncan Park in Spartanburg where I walked last week.



I walked out of Duncan Park and over to our old house on Anita Drive.  They are not taking care of the yard very well. :-(



Also, on that same walk, I saw tons of mushrooms all over the yards, probably due to all the rain we got.



Me....after my Duncan Park walk...



These next two pictures are of the Reedy River in Greenville. The first is after all the flooding and rain.  The second is what it would normally look like. The Swamp Rabbit Trail, where Ed and I walk a lot, is right near here.






We took Lorna and Howie to Cowpens Battlefield one day while they were here and then to the Bantam Chef restaurant in Chesnee, where Ed and I always stop after he runs in the Race for the Grasshopper.  Lorna loves Betty Boop, so I took this of her standing in front of one of the figures.  See Betty back there?



Krista is trying to reduce her cat population in her house.  I posted these pictures of two of them on my facebook hoping that someone would want them.  No luck.



  
The four of us at the Bantam Chef restaurant.



These next two pictures are of the Middle Tyger River that I always view as I'm walking to Lyman. The river was totally over its banks during the rain and flooding.




...and this is what it looks like when it's peaceful.



Ed has been very busy with his Physical Science class that he is teaching at Upstate. He's been somewhat frustrated about not having anyplace to store his teaching materials (he is an adjunct and therefore has no office).  He's been lugging boxes of materials back and forth from home and this is wearing on him.  He is even considering maybe not teaching there next year. Honestly, I don't think he will stop. He loves teaching too much.  We'll see.

Jason is doing well at his new job, but hates it for too many reasons to mention.  He's going to stick with it through January but, meanwhile, will be looking elsewhere.  The conditions are a nightmare for him.  He's squeezed into a tiny area with a desk staring at a person across from him.  They are all in a large room, very noisy and bustling.  Jason says he can barely think with all the distractions.  He has told us that Columbia is still a mess from the flooding.  It will take a long time to recover.

Travis and Alla are looking forward to their trip to Mexico at the end of the month.  Travis was promoted to General Manager, by the way, at the Nordstrom Cafe in D.C. with an $11,000 raise!  He's quite happy about that because now he will have more freedom to make some changes.

Krista has been going on dates.  I am so happy for her. She's been sharing how nice it is to just go out and have fun. Also, she's feeling like she's worth something again.  That's very important. She is still losing weight, too.

I hope you've been able to prepare the Coat of Arms for Ed without any problems.  He's looking forward to seeing it.

I love you, Mom.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment