Monday, April 1, 2013

Oh, my goodness!!

Hi, Mom.

I had no idea it has been so long since I wrote in this blog. March 10th??

School has been difficult.  I'm not sure if it's really difficult or I just don't have the inspiration to make things work right because I'm retiring. A couple of students have been sucking the life out of me and I keep finding myself saying, "Boy, I'm glad I'm retiring!"

I planned to call you yesterday to wish you a Happy Easter, but I fell asleep really early last evening. Hopefully, I can call you today....or maybe tomorrow.  

Ed and I had a lonely Easter Sunday.  Jason decided to hold off driving up here until next weekend, when we celebrate Ed's birthday.  Krista has been sick with a stomach thing that's going around and was running a fever.  Travis, of course, is up in Atlantic City.  I think this is the first time ever that we didn't have at least some of the kids here. I suppose we should get used to it. :-(

I'm on Spring Break!!!  The weather looks like it's going to be nice this week, too.  The music teacher at school surprised me with 2 little purple Lilac bushes because he knew I loved Lilacs.  I have no idea where he got them.  I don't remember ever seeing them in the nurseries around here. They need to be planted this week, though.

I plan to drive over to the school a couple days this week to clean some more of my "stuff" out of the lab.  I have so much STUFF!!!  For the last couple of weeks, I have been giving things away to my students.  They've been in shock.  I told them that if they see anything in the lab that they want, ask for it and I might just say they can have it.  So far, I've given away a lot of stuffed animals, decorative magnets I had on my cabinets, and things hanging off the ceiling, plus lots and lots of books. I really don't want to bring those things home because I won't need them or I don't have a place for them.  The kids are so cute, though.  They leave the lab hugging their "treasures" from Mrs. D.  I'm having so much fun!!!

Here are some of my prize pictures from the last week or so...

I especially love this one.  I found some interesting settings on my new camera.

You can see craters!!!

Birds...




Ed is  not on Spring Break like I am this week.  This is very unusual because we always seemed to have breaks at the same time and planned to travel somewhere.  I have a few days to myself, since Ed has a class tonight and has to teach a lab tomorrow. I'm still going to the Y at 4:45 am, though, because I just like swimming in the early morning hours before the swim team gets there for practice.

Now, I'm going downstairs and make myself a cup of coffee!!

I love you, Mom.
xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment