Saturday, October 27, 2012

Enjoying the weekend..

Hi, Mom.

Just lots of pictures for you.  First of all, I really enjoyed following the pregnancy of a giraffe named Autumn at the Greenville Zoo.  They had a Cam on her enclosure.  Monday night, she gave birth to the cutest little giraffe.  His name is Kiko.  So, stupid me, I stayed up way past midnight so I wouldn't miss the birth.  I still managed to get up to swim at 4 am, although I was a zombie later.  Here's a picture of Kiko a few days ago...

I'd like to go to Greenville in the next few weeks to see him. Giraffes are fascinating.

Here are some flower pix I took today...


I wanted to bring them into the house but discovered that they were covered with aphids, so I left them on the table on the patio.

I also bought some mums at the store yesterday because they were so pretty.  These are out on our front porch now.  I plan to plant them near the back door.


We sent to an Irish Pub in Greenville for dinner to celebrate Anthony's birthday this evening.  We had a great time.  Jason drove up to celebrate, too.  Here are Kris and Anthony...


We had school pictures taken a few weeks ago.  The teachers always get free pix.  Here's mine...


We talked to Travis on the phone this afternoon.  We're concerned about his being in Atlantic City when that big storm hits.  Atlantic City is shutting down tomorrow afternoon.  All the casinos have been ordered to close.  Travis may have to evacuate, although he's been told he can stay in one of the rooms at Harrah's.  It's not as close to the water as his condominium.  His girlfriend has friends inland that she can stay with.  I hope they'll be OK.  Looks like you're going to get some rain with that storm, too.

It looks like Ed and I won't be able to come up there for Thanksgiving.  Ed's doctor scheduled his colonoscopy on Monday, November 26th.  He didn't have much choice.  This means that he'll be spending most of Sunday near a bathroom.  LOL   We'd hoped to fly up there on Wednesday and leave on Sunday.  Leaving Saturday doesn't make much sense. We would have been able to visit just Thursday and Friday.  We're still looking at flying me up there by myself or with Ed at a different time if we can figure out how to do that.  I'd have to miss some school, but that would be OK.  You're worth it!!

Remember my classmate, Richard?  Ed and I went over to his house for dinner a couple of times while visiting you.  He lives near Scottsville.  He and his wife sold their house and bought a new one down here near Hendersonville, about an hour or so away from us.  They'll be moving towards the end of this next week, although the rain may put a glitch in their plans.  It'll be fun to have another New Yorker nearby.

I think I'm gonna get some sleep.

I love you, Mom.
xoxoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment