Hi, Mom. Here is my second posting on my new blog. First, I have to share a really funny picture that our nephew, John, from Long Island, showed us...
It's actually pretty accurate, don't you think? LOL
Yesterday, Ed was out mowing the lawn. It was so hot and humid, it was stifling. He started mowing around 9 a.m. with the help of one of his former students, Tony. Ed was out there about an hour when I noticed him sitting on a chair on the patio, so I went out to see if he was all right. Ed said he had just had the dry heaves and was feeling nauseated, but he figured if he sat there a while, he'd be OK? Good grief!! I yelled at him to come into the house! He was suffering from heat exhaustion. Men!!! At first, he didn't want to come in, but I told him I wasn't about to call 911 when he passed out. He came in.
It will be up around 94 today, but it's supposed to cool down into the high 80's by next week. Lovely!
We watched the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics last night. Did you get to see it? Queen Elizabeth is a hoot! She went along with this gag about jumping out of a helicopter over the stadium for her arrival. The guy who played James Bond in the latest James Bond movie actually went to Buckingham Palace and escorted her onto a helicopter. The film made it look like she jumped out, but of course she didn't. She suddenly appeared from behind the scenes on the main stage after the"stand in" made it to the ground. That was so funny! Queen Elizabeth obviously has a great sense of humor.
I'm going to attend a couple of Teacher Appreciation Days at some stores around here today to see what I can get for free. Sometimes, they even have coffee and donuts. :-)
I managed to swim all five days last week and realized this morning that I haven't used my shower here at the house since last Sunday. This is a good way to save water, don't you think? The showers at the Y are pretty nice.
I love you, Mom.
xoxo

3 comments:
I am testing my comments.
Can you see me now? I want to print that picture of the dog and cat.
XO
Yay!! I can see it!
Post a Comment