Hi, Mom.
I know you're probably hunkered down in your house with tons of snow outside, so I thought I would share some stuff for you.
I decided the best way to share these pictures is through my blog. Email doesn't deal with lots of pictures.
I can't believe that it's been almost a year since I added to this blog. I am shameful!!!
My 70th birthday was wonderful. Travis flew down from NYC with his girlfriend, Christa. Jason drove up from Columbia. Krista hosted a drop-in party for me at our house and lots of friends showed up. I was overwhelmed.
Travis and Christa paid to sponsor a tree for me on the Rail Trail in Spartanburg where I always walk. Here's a picture of me and what may be the tree. I'm not sure. It's a Tulip tree. There will be a plaque in front of it with Ed's and my names on it maybe by the end of the month. It's kind of expensive to sponsor a tree. I cried.
Travis and Christa at the airport ready to go back to NYC.
Brother Kevin and Father Ryan, from my church, came to my birthday party. They are so sweet.
Krista had a "hat" cake made for me...
Deb, Mike, Fran, and Sharon sent me hats for me to walk in. This one is from Deb. It has a cello on it.
Several friends bought me hats, too, for my walks. I have the bestest friends!
Ed and Krista took me out to a new restaurant called "Level 10" on the 10th floor of a new hotel in Spartanburg. We could see the whole city from the top floor. It was wonderful.
My teacher friends, Gretchen and Faith, from St. Paul's took me to lunch last week. Faith also brought her sister, Leigh Helen, who is mentally challenged. It was so nice to see my friends again.
Me...
Krista has a new "friend" named Devon. He's from Texas and very sweet. I don't know where that's going, but she's very happy.
I'm thinking of lots of things to get with the gift card you sent me. Besides books (of course!), I'm looking at a small backpack to use on my walks. I've been getting nervous leaving my purse and valuables in my car while I'm out walking. There have been several car break-ins in broad daylight in Spartanburg lately. I could put my wallet and stuff in the backpack and then not have to worry.
I miss you so much, Mom. I'm hoping we can drive up there at the beginning of the summer. I will be working at Roper Mountain Science Center in July.
I love you, Mom.
xoxoxox









No comments:
Post a Comment