Hi, Mom.
How are things going there? It looks like it's either raining or snowing. Crazy weather up there! It's been warmer here for the last few days and will stay that way into next week.
I contacted Eric to see if maybe he and Dorie could stay one more day so I could see him, but he said Dorie has to be back to work on January 2nd, so there's no chance they can hang around. Oh, well...
I'm really looking forward to flying up there on the 1st. Deb said she's taking a couple days off so she can spend time with me, too. She's so sweet.
Deb sent me pictures of herself at the Scotty McCreery concert last night. She is such a big fan of his. It looks like she had a great time.
We're doing fine here. Ed finished up his teaching for the semester. I am so glad! The students in his Elementary Science Methods were just miserable for the most part....whining, complaining, disrespectful, and irresponsible.....and these are seniors! They're supposed to go out to do their student teaching next semester and then graduate in May. I don't know how they're going to be successful teachers with the attitudes they have. There are a few students who will be fine, but most of them?....NO. Education has sure changed. Students have sure changed. Sigh...
Travis and Alla moved into a new apartment about a mile from their old one. It's newer and nicer and the apartment complex has lots of special extras, like a swimming pool and workout room. They seem really happy. I hope they decide to get married. Travis needs to settle down. Alla is leaving for Belarus on the 21st of this month to see her mom and brother. She hasn't seen them in 4 years, I think. Travis is going to fly to Belarus on January 2nd to meet her there and then they're both coming back on January 12th. That should be quite an experience for Travis.
Jason still hasn't gotten another job but he really hasn't been looking. Ha Ha. He's got enough money stashed away to make it until at least June. However, I think he's getting bored and will start getting serious about looking after New Years.
Krista and Anthony are doing great. She's always so busy with school and friends. She seems very happy.
The picture I posted of me and the Tomb twins with our violins was a picture from my yearbook. I really love that picture.
Here are some recent pictures I took:
My Begonia...
My Christmas Cactus...
Two pictures of "Dad's Light" that I took recently. The first one is on a rainy evening and the second one was yesterday morning.
Another Silly Selfie..
Ed went out running this afternoon and then took Delta for a walk.
Ed and me last weekend..
One of the trails I walk....it's so drab and brown, but still kind of pretty..
Millie and Delta are best buddies. They're always staring out the door together.
This is Delta watching Jason leave after Thanksgiving. You can see his red car backing out in the reflection in the door. She hates to see him go because he pays so much attention to her and lets her jump up on him. LOL
Ed and I need to decorate our house for Christmas and put the lights on the bushes outside. Maybe we can start that tomorrow. We're also working on our annual Christmas letter.
I love you, Mom.
XOXO










No comments:
Post a Comment