It was so nice to talk to you yesterday. I apologize for not keeping this blog up to date. I always have great intentions.....
I hope Time/Warner will finally get your Internet fixed. It's got to be so frustrating. I hate not being able to figure out what's wrong with something so I can fix it. Seems like the Internet is the worst thing to do that.
Here are some random pictures I've been taking lately that I thought you would like...
A beautiful sunrise
Flowers along the roadside on my walks.
I love the wild Morning Glories. They are everywhere. The yellow Coreopsis also decorates the roads.
Two days ago, I discovered that a Morning Glory seed made its way to my garden all by itself and has started climbing up the bird feeder. What a gift!
Other flowers in my yard.
More scenes from my walks.
This is in a little park near the schools.
Along my 7-mile walk last Saturday
I found a nice fitness path that goes around the Tyger River Sports Complex a few miles from our house. It's nice because it's mostly flat, so my hips don't hurt as much.
This is Forest Lake Dr. over near Krista's house. It dips so steeply, the road is actually lower than the nearby lake at one point. It was fun walking this!
The lake.
Delta frequently entertains me. She loves riding in the car. I say the word, "recycle" and she jumps in, ready to head over to the center.
A few weeks ago, Delta FINALLY noticed my turtle, Speedy. I've only had the turtle for, like, four years! This was very funny. Delta acted very cautious and kept backing away.
One things all beagles love and that's a good belly rub! At every opportunity, Delta plops herself down on the rug in front of me like this and expects me to rub her belly. I think I've spoiled her. LOL
Two weeks ago, some gravel on I-85 kicked up from a semi in front of me on my way to my cello lesson and cracked my windshield. The highway is a mess because of construction. There have been a lot of complaints, especially from the insurance companies, who are getting numerous calls daily about cracked windshields. The work still isn't finished, so I have been staying off I-85. State Farm Insurance had a glass repair company drive right to my house two days after it happened and replaced my windshield. They did a great job.
The crack..
All done..
Repairman removing the window..
I will be keeping busy this week. Besides the doctor appointment on Wednesday morning, I have my cello lesson tomorrow. Also, some of my neighbors and I will be meeting with a possible new Property Management Company Wednesday evening to discuss replacing the terrible one we have now. The present company doesn't know we're thinking this, but we've had enough of their foolishness and they continually support the oppressive Home Owners Association Board of Directors, two men who have been running the neighborhood like a military base.
I have agreed to tutor two of my former students from St. Paul's. They are now in 7th grade and doing horribly in science. One of them had been getting all A's from me and now he has a D. I am tutoring them on Thursday afternoons after school. The science teacher who replaced me is Hispanic with a very thick accent. Some of the students are complaining that they don't understand her. Parents are saying she's way too serious and difficult and spends most time dictating notes to the students. I won't get involved in that controversy and told the parents how I supported the teacher and that she was very knowledgeable about science. ( I don't agree with her teaching methods, though, but I didn't say that). I am just going to tutor these two students.
Also, this Thursday I will be helping Ed again with his Elementary Science Methods class at Upstate. We are going to present some Project Wild activities, since we are both trained facilitators. That will be fun!
I guess this is all for now. I will let you know if Travis accepts the position at that new restaurant.
Hugs across the miles..
I love you, Mom.
XOXO






















No comments:
Post a Comment