Sunday, July 21, 2013

Retirement?

Hi, Mom.

I'm here. I don't know where my week went. LOL

I think I left you last time because I was heading to practice for our Praise and Worship service on Wednesday.  Practice went well.  On Wednesday, I was supposed to arrive around 6 pm to prepare for the service at 7 pm.  We were expecting a huge crowd of teens, especially the ones who would be traveling to Brazil this week for World Youth Day.  Pope Francis is going to be there.  Well, I got there at 6, just before a horrible storm swept through our area, knocking out power and mowing down trees.  We still had the service, though.  My friend, Katie, and her mom got there about 6:30 pm.  They had to pull off the road about a mile away because she couldn't see to drive.  It was very bad. Most of the kids who were going to Brazil were having a meeting at the church already, so they didn't need to be out in the storm.  It was a lovely service with lots of contemporary Christian music that I love.  When I got home afterwards, I found out that our neighbors had a tree fall across their yard and driveway...


We've had so much rain lately that we get daily flood watches and warnings.  The ground is soaked!

Ha Ha...


I really enjoyed my second week at Roper Mountain Science Center.  The 8th grade teachers were a lot more fun.....more grown-up jokes. Ha Ha    We had the class in a much bigger room...



The highlight of the week, for me, was surprising the teachers with telescopes.  They thought we were going to have a drawing for one free telescope, which we teased them with for a couple of days...


Here's what some of the teachers looked like when they found out they were all getting a telescope...



They had fun putting them together....




We got to go in the observatory during the day.  We were supposed to have a viewing at night, but it rained every evening.  Here's me following the rules...



I became an astronaut, too!



Roper Mountain has asked me to come back next summer to help again.  I'm really happy about that.

I think Ed told you that he is trying to run for District Five School Board again.  He had to get 120 signatures on petitions so he could run.  We sat outside a local restaurant getting signatures for a couple of evenings.  The restaurant was very nice to us.  We go there all the time.

Ed will find out this week if he had enough legitimate signatures to run.  I hope he did.

I don't know if I told you last week, but we had our credit card compromised and so we have to get a new number and everything, which means all our bills that were automatically being paid with our credit card had to be changed.  The problem is that we haven't gotten the new cards yet, so no new number either.  This is a pain but we'll deal with it.
 
I'm still having trouble with Pogo.  The first game I play on World Class Solitaire has to be unblocked.  I'm also having trouble playing some of the daily challenges.  They just won't load.  I wanted to play the Tumblebees one today, but it won't load.  I like that game, too. :-(  I did accomplish one thing in Pogo this week....

Yay!

The House Finches in my back yard acted really weird today.  Look at this...


 They never sit in a bunch on a fence.  I have no idea what was going on.....maybe a party?

My Rose of Sharon bushes are pretty right now...







I applied to USC Upstate this past week. I'm hoping to take either a class in Creative Writing or Computer Graphics.  The computer class is needed before I can take a class in Digital Photography.  I have to wait to be accepted first but then I can't register for the class until the last minute because tuition-paying students get first choice and I'm getting the class for free.  That only seems fair.

I think this is all for now. We're looking forward to our trip up there in a couple of weeks.  I'm really excited!!

I love you, Mom.
xoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment