Saturday, February 16, 2013

Birds and Snow

Hi, Mom.  We finally got some snow today.  I was really excited. I'm so immature.  LOL

The day started out with just cloudy skies.  I took some bird pix in the morning.  Then, Ed convinced me to go with him to a bowling tournament in Spartanburg.  It was a Baker's Doubles tournament in which the woman bowls the first frame and the man bowls the second and so on.  The next game, the man bowls the first frame.  I thought it was fun but I only bowled well on the left lane, so we didn't do very good.  Ed didn't bowl too badly, though.  We were on the same lanes with a couple who had averages of 230 and 180.  Kind of discouraging, even with the handicaps.

Just when we finished the games, somebody said it was snowing outside.  It was just light where we were, but Krista called to say it was coming down pretty hard in Duncan.

Here are my pix from today.  First the birds this morning....












Then, it snowed!  We met Krista and Anthony at Cracker Barrel after bowling before we came home...

















Delta loved the snow, obviously.  She just ran and ran and ran.  This was Millie's first encounter with snow.  She didn't like it.

I don't know if I will make it to church tomorrow.  There are warnings of black ice on the roads tonight because the temps dipped into the 20's and won't warm up until late morning.  We'll see.

I love you, Mom.
xoxo

P.S. I love my slippers, too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment