Friday, January 25, 2013

It's me...again!!

Hi, Mom!

I'm very excited.  I found someone who sells Avon and ordered those slippers you shared with me.  In fact, I bought 2 pairs!  These are the one's, right?

They are $9.99, on sale.  I bought a black pair and a blue pair.  I can't wait to get them.  Yay!!

Today, we had a very icy, sleet-type day.  I was so hoping that school would just be canceled, but that didn't happen.  The powers-that-be waited until all the kids got to school and then declared an early dismissal.  We closed at 11 a.m.  Our roads are still slick but everything should melt by tomorrow.

Here are some pix of birds from the feeders in my back yard today.  They have sleet stuck on their feathers.  They looked so cold!  The first ones are of a female Rufous Sided Towhee and the other one is a White-throated Sparrow.



Sparrow...


I had an appointment with my principal this afternoon and had planned to tell her of my retirement, but school was canceled, so now I'll have to wait until next week.  Oh, well.

Ed and I are planning to drive up to NC tomorrow to visit my friend, Richard Utter, and his wife, who moved there from Garbutt.  Remember....they lived off of Union Street on the way to Scottsville?  We're hoping the roads will be clear and the ice melted by then.  They live kind of in the mountains, so it should be pretty up there.

I love you, Mom.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment