Hi, again.
Ed and I got over to the recycling center and dropped all are stuff off and then went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. I love Cracker Barrel!
We're all doing fine here. I'm planning to make a nice Thanksgiving dinner for Ed, Jason, and me on Thursday. Kris and Anthony will be coming over for a second meal later after spending half the day with Anthony's parents. I wish Travis could be here, but he obviously can't get away. I'm going to try out some new recipes from some vegetarian cookbooks people have given me. I found some promising ideas.
Travis is now managing Harrah's Steak House and a Sandwich shop at the resort, as well. His boss pulled him from the Buffet because he was needed elsewhere. Atlantic City isn't doing very well right now because not many people are coming to visit. This is usually the slow season anyway with the colder weather, but Hurricane Sandy has discouraged the normal winter visitors. The resorts are fine physically but, because of so few people visiting, they've had to layoff many workers. Fortunately, not Travis! They know he can manage just about anything, so they're moving him around where he's needed. I'm glad he still has a job! His girlfriend, Alla, is fine, although the house she is now renting has lots of pet dander, apparently, and she's allergic to dogs and cats. Poor thing. She and Travis told the owner that he would have to do a thorough cleaning before she could live there.
Ed's sister, Lorna, and her husband had FEMA and their AllState Insurance come out to assess the damage on their house. They haven't gotten word yet about the results. The bottom floor was totaled plus half of the main floor, as far as Lorna is concerned. All furniture and appliances were ruined as well as the carpets and the walls. The bedrooms upstairs were salvageable, though.
Ed's sister, Lorna, and her husband had FEMA and their AllState Insurance come out to assess the damage on their house. They haven't gotten word yet about the results. The bottom floor was totaled plus half of the main floor, as far as Lorna is concerned. All furniture and appliances were ruined as well as the carpets and the walls. The bedrooms upstairs were salvageable, though.
Ed is getting more and more nervous about his colonoscopy a week from Monday. He's not worried about the results....he just doesn't want to be "knocked out." I'm going to take the afternoon off from school to drive him there and back.
Here are some more of my pix...
The last one is of a couple of buds on my Peace Rose bush. I counted 12 buds!! I hope they all bloom before we get a freeze. I've had roses in November in the past, but not usually this late. I can't wait to see them.
Here are my mums from a few days ago...
I hope everything is going well for you there. I miss you.
xoxoxox







No comments:
Post a Comment